Directeur Professeur, Institut de chimie, UNESP-Araraquara -SP, Brésil
- Professor at Institute of Chemistry- São Paulo State University (UNESP), Araraquara-SP, Brazil
- Member of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Academy of Sciences of the State of São Paulo and European Academy of Sciences.
- Vice-coordinator of the National Photonics Institute (inct.info)
- Researcher 1A (highest level) of the brazilian funding agency (CNPq).
- Associate Editor of the journal « Frontiers in Chemistry- Inorganic Chemistry »
- Member of the editorial board of Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology and Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids
- Visiting researcher at NIRIM – National Institute for Research in Inorganic Materials – Tsukuba, Japan
- Visiting professor at the University of Trento in Italy, at the Universities of Angers, Bordeaux and Toulouse in France, University of Aveiro in Portugal, Federal University of Juiz de Fora, Brazil.
The ongoing projects involve natural polymers (bacterial cellulose and fibroin), organic-inorganic hybrids, light guides (optical fibers and thin films), porous materials and luminescent markers for Medicine.